Registration for the International Thespian Festival is now closed. See you in Lincoln!
Step 1 - Plan
Determine your troupe’s attendees and make sure all individuals are committed to going. EdTA charges a $100 per person cancellation fee.
If the official troupe director is not able to attend the International Thespian Festival, another faculty member or a parent may attend in his or her place. This person would be considered the “acting troupe director” and serve as the contact person for that school’s registration. Troupe directors must designate the approved acting troupe director through the online registration system.
Step 2 - Prepare
Gather all necessary information for your troupe’s registration. Review the Festival Consent and Acceptance form, Consent and Refusal form, and Youth Activity Safety policy, all of which are available for download in the Festival library.
Please note: The "Authorization to obtain consumer report" form is required by our third party verification provider. We have only contracted for research on criminal and sex offender-related issues, not your credit report.
Housing information: Determine the total number of rooms you'll need for housing your delegation. The registration system will require this information once the troupe director is registered. For example, if the troupe director pays for a single room, two chaperones will share a room, and ten students will share rooms, you should request one adult single, one adult double, and five student doubles. Triples and quads are available on a limited basis. Before completing registration, you will also be asked for roommate selections.
Physical or dietary needs: If a Festival attendee has any needs, it is very important those are communicated when completing the online registration.
For all students and adults, you should collect the following:
- t-shirt size,
- dietary requirements and ADA needs,
- current grade levels of students,
- cell phone number,
- email address,
- a completed Consent and Acceptance form for each registered delegate (including all adults),
- a completed Youth Activity Safety Policy from every adult attendee.
For students participating in the National Individual Events program, you will need the following:
- the title of the piece(s); for musical theatre pieces, the song, and the show title,
- the category,
- the author,
- the publisher,
- for dramatic pieces, proof of performance permission.
Teachers and troupe directors: Please ask your students whether they will be auditioning for colleges (rising juniors only) or for scholarships (graduated seniors only).
Step 3 - Register
Registration for the 2017 International Thespian Festival is now closed. See you in Lincoln!
Step 4 - Submit
You are not fully-registered for the International Thespian Festival until the EdTA National Office has received:
- Payment in full. The International Thespian Festival accepts certified check, money order, or credit card (MasterCard, VISA, American Express, or Diners Club only). Credit card payments will be made thru the online registration system. If paying by check or money order, please submit one check only for all registration fees and Individual Events, made payable to the International Thespian Festival. School purchase orders will not be accepted.
- A complete Consent and Acceptance form for each registered delegate (including all adults).*
- A complete Youth Activity Safety Policy from every adult attendee.*
- Proof of performance permission for dramatic Individual Events.*
*With the new online registration system, all attendee forms as well as I.E. performance permissions can be uploaded directly to your registration. We strongly encourage you to upload all Festival materials to ensure an efficient registration process.
Mail checks and other materials to:
International Thespian Festival
PO Box 645541
Cincinnati, OH 45264-5541
All must be received by May 1, 2017.