April 24, 2014
Nineteen Thespians have been selected to perform and provide technical support to the Thespian Festival 14 opening night show featuring the composer-lyricist team of Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman.
Billed as An Evening with Shaiman and Wittman, the revue will feature songs from the duo’s Catch Me If You Can, Smash, and Hairspray, and a question and answer session with the Broadway songwriters. There will be two performances on Monday, June 23 to open the Festival’s main stage schedule.
The national cast of eight Thespian performers will be joined by Carla Stickler and Michael Mahany, veterans of the First National Tour of Wicked who have been performing in EdTA’s benefit tour of Making Magic, Defying Gravity.
The Thespian cast includes:
- Alexa Castelvecchi, Troupe 1856, Downers Grove North High School, Downers Grove, Illinois
- Nathan DeVera, Troupe 4969, The Meadows School, Las Vegas
- Larrej Drayton, Troupe 236, Watchung Hills Regional High School, Watchung, New Jersey
- Jared Hopper, Troupe 4969, The Meadows School, Las Vegas
- Emma Lenderman, Troupe 2237, Asheville High School, Asheville, North Carolina
- Ben Love, Troupe 8011, Byron High School, Byron, Illinois
- Nia Savoy, Troupe 3594, Caddo Magnet High School, Shreveport, Louisiana
- Rebekah Stanley, Troupe 7372, Cypress Ranch High School, Houston
Photo by Tim Hailand
And the crew:
- Blane Barton, Troupe 893, Richland High School, North Richland Hills, Texas, assistant to producer and talent
- Madison Dahm, Troupe 2129, Claremont High School, Claremont, California, spot operator
- Chyanne Fischer, Troupe 990, Nevada Virtual Academy, Gardnerville, Nevada, projections
- Jalyn Kowalski, Troupe 1794, Floyd Central High School, Lanesville, Indiana, spot operator
- Maggie Latham, Troupe 2129, Claremont High School, Claremont, California, running crew/dresser
- Atira Meyer, Troupe 6547, Lincoln Southwest High School, Lincoln, Nebraska, costumes crew
- Sam Molitoriss, Troupe 7206, Rock Canyon High School, Highlands Ranch, Colorado, light board operator
- Lydia Przybylski, Troupe 5929, Fort Zumwalt West High School, O'Fallon, Missouri, sound board operator
- Lydia Shirley, Troupe 6185, Performing Arts Academy, Brick, New Jersey, running crew
- Tana Stamper, Troupe 7581, Cuthbertson High School, Wesley Chapel, North Carolina, running crew
- Andi Stevenson, Troupe 7317, Waccamaw High School, Pawleys Island, South Carolina, assistant to PSM and ASM
Ruben Van Kempen, theatre teacher and Thespian troupe co-director at Roosevelt High School in Seattle, will direct.