The Educational Theatre Association seeks Chapter Director candidates for chapters whose four-year terms begin August 1, 2017.
Those chapters include Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
This form is for those wishing to be considered for nomination for Chapter Director, serving a four-year term, unless completing an unexpired term as an interim replacement. Please type your responses. Statements will be used to determine the candidates for this year’s election. Nominee information and statements will be reproduced verbatim. As a potential candidate for a leadership position with EdTA, we ask you to use this form to provide information about your qualifications and ideas.
The process of being placed on the ballot for election as an EdTA Chapter Director is established in the EdTA Chapter Governance Policy. The specifics of the process are explained in this document. EdTA’s Director of Chapter Relations is charged with managing the Chapter Director election process.
The process is time-sensitive; EdTA will enforce requirements and deadlines regarding receipt of all appropriate material. If the deadline falls on a weekend day, the deadline will be the last business day before the stated deadline. Petition forms provided by EdTA may be duplicated and must be used for collecting signatures.
• Petitions and vita information (vita form, resume, etc.) for placing a name on the ballot may be submitted once the nominating committee’s candidate selection is announced for the 2017 election cycle (October 1).
• Petitions for placing a name on the ballot must be received by EdTA by November 15.
• Those seeking nomination by petition must collect the signatures of ten percent of current EdTA voting members living in the chapter (professional members, emeritus members, pre-professional members or ITS troupe directors of troupes within the chapter boundary). Information on the current membership as of October 15, official date to determine the number of signatures needed, may be obtained by calling the EdTA membership or chapter relations department.
• Only signatures of current members will be counted and must include the requested information so that membership may be verified. Find the petition form here, which may be copied as needed.
• The candidate is solely responsible for managing the petition and submission process. The candidate must collect all petitions and submit them electronically with the vita form below by November 15. EdTA will accept one set of materials from the candidate, verify membership of those who sign petitions, and report the results to the nominating committee and the candidate.
• Petitions submitted must be scanned and attached to the form below using this document.
• All materials for requesting placement on the ballot by petition must be received by EdTA by November 15.
To complete this process, submit the following:
• The below vita form electronically signed by the candidate and an administrator.
• Your résumé. Do not include personal information such as address, phone number, and e-mail address as your résumé may be posted on our website. Your résumé must be uploaded and attached in the Attachments section of the form below.
• Petitions signed by ten percent of the voting membership of your chapter. Petition signatures may be scanned, uploaded, and attached in the Attachments section of the form below.
Please note: by signing the form below, the candidate also indicates that he or she has read and agrees to abide by the EdTA Chapter Agreement.