As a benefit of ITS membership, the royalty reduction program assists
troupe directors in applying for discounted rates on royalties for
upcoming productions through cooperating play publishers. To apply,
submit the form below.
- The play is
a non-musical. Royalty reductions are not available for musicals
because of difficulties publishers face negotiating with multiple
creators (author, lyricist, composer, etc.).
- The play is not
published by Tams-Witmark Music Library, Inc. This company does not
participate in any royalty reduction programs for educational
- The play was not written by certain excluded
authors, e.g. Neil Simon and David Mamet. Such authors deny all requests
to reduce royalties or authorize edits for language, content, or
- The school is low income or economically challenged, i.e. Title 1 schools.
- The school has no arts budget.
- The school has a new theatre program (less than one year).
- The school is rebuilding due to an "Act of God."
- The school is producing the play under other extremely difficult or unusual circumstances.
NOTE: One resource for determining the official title, author, and publisher of a play is findaplay.com.
applications are forwarded to the publisher noted on the form. The
publisher has sole authority to determine whether or not a royalty
reduction will be made. If an adjustment is granted, the publisher will
contact the troupe director with details. The adjusted fee is payable to
the publisher at least two weeks before the opening of the play;
otherwise the adjustment is no longer available.