All delegates should have adequate health and travel insurance. Directors are encouraged to check these carefully before accepting the responsibility of chaperoning any delegate.
The Festival registration desk will be open 9:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Monday, June 24, and 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 25. The schedule will kick off with an opening production, presented twice, once at 6:30 p.m. and again at 9:00 p.m. Plan your weekly schedule carefully using the International Thespian Festival program. Festival check-out is 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, June 30.
Tentative yellow/blue track schedules
are now available for the 2019 International Thespian Festival. These schedules are subject to revision.
United Express and Delta fly into the Lincoln airport, a ten-minute drive from the UNL campus. Airline and airfare choices broaden if you choose to fly in and out of the Omaha airport, which is about an hour drive from Lincoln.
Transportation to and from the airport
Busbank - Special pricing for Thespians. Click here for quote and to reserve.
Windstar Lines Inc. - 888.494.6378
Arrow Stage Lines - 402.731.1900
Bus to and from your location
Busbank - Special pricing for Thespians. Click here
to get a quote.
Greyhound Bus Lines - 844.477.8747
Amtrak - 800.872.1477
- Budget Car Rental, 800.527.0700. At Lincoln airport, 402.474.2800.
- Avis Car Rental, 800.331.1212. At Lincoln airport, 402.474.1202.
- National Car Rental, 800.227.7368. At Lincoln airport, 402.474.4301.
- Hertz Car Rental, 800.654.3131. At Lincoln airport, 402.474.4079.
- Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket: online here. Valid until June 3, 2019
- Embassy Suites Lincoln: 402.474.1111 (request the "EdTA Thespian Conference" block - group code is EDT) - online here. Valid until May 27, 2019.
- The Graduate Lincoln: 402.475.1038 (request the "Educational Theatre Association-Thespian Society" block) - online here. Valid until May 30, 2019.
- Hilton Garden Inn Lincoln: 402.475.9000 Option 0 (request the " EDTA Thespian Courtesy Block) - online here. Valid until May 23, 2019.
- Hyatt Place" online here.
- Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel: 866.706.7706 or 402.474.7474 (request the "2019 Education Theatre Association Thespian Festival"). Valid until 10:00 PM CST May 24, 2019
When you arrive
Go to the Lied Center at 12th and Q Streets. Do not unload passengers or luggage. The troupe director and one student should report to the registration desk in the Lied Center lobby to pick up ITF materials.
The registration desk will be open Monday from 9:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Tuesday from 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. For troupes arriving after 9:00 p.m. on Monday, residence hall assignments will be posted on the Lied Center lobby doors. Late arriving troupes can check in at the 24-hour desk in their dorm.
Registration packets will be distributed only to troupe directors. Students arriving before her/his troupe director will be asked to wait. Directors will receive registration packets when all fees have been paid in full. Any balance due on site must be paid by money order, traveler’s check, cash, MasterCard, Visa, Amex, or Diners Club. Personal checks will not be accepted.
All vehicles parked on the UNL campus must have a parking pass. There is no parking fee. Passes may be picked up at the 24-hour desk in your residence hall. Vehicles without a parking pass may be ticketed or towed. Heavy vehicles are required to park in the remote parking lot just south of the Devaney Sports Center. The entrance is off Court Street. Vehicles violating UNL’s no-parking zones will be towed.