Student leadership training courses will be offered Tuesday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the 2019 International Thespian Festival. Delegates will attend leadership workshops taught by the current International Thespian Officers and participate in electing next year’s ITO board. Pre-registration is required to attend.
The ITO are six student leaders from across the nation who represent the student voice of the Educational Theatre Association. The ITO will be elected at the International Thespian Festival, and the ITO Chair position will be selected at the upcoming EdTA Leadership Summit on July 17-19, 2019.
The ITO travel across the country to state chapter Thespian festivals, averaging seven to 15 trips in a one-year term, with expenses covered by EdTA. At these events, ITO serve as the national, student representatives of the International Thespian Society and EdTA. They promote campaigns such as the Minute to Give It fundraiser for the Send a Troupe to Thespian Festival program. They also nurture strong student leadership in each Thespian chapter by facilitating leadership and advocacy workshops and mentoring Thespians from that state.
Are you interested in being considered for an ITO position? Click here to go to the ITO application and watch the informational video that explains ITO in greater detail.
2019 ITO Candidates
- Spencer Angell (Kansas - Troupe 639)
- Bradley Baumhover (Missouri - Troupe 3239)
- Joe Bjorkman (Ohio - Troupe 5440)
- Nicolas Fallacaro (Pennsylvania - Troupe 830)
- Julia Greenfield (Vermont - Troupe 5698)
- Anna Hastings (Kansas - Troupe 5006)
- Tiffany Hoang (Texas - Troupe 7961)
- Caylah Johnson (Missouri - Troupe 4551)
- Faith Lopez (Kansas - Troupe 287)
- Keith Peacock (Georgia - Troupe 5297)
- Abby Stuckrath (Colorado - Troupe 5869)
- Maura Toole North (Carolina - Troupe 7993)