Bring the best performances in your chapter to ITF! The Chapter Select Showcase features outstanding Thespian productions from chapters nationwide.
The following shows have been invited to perform in the Chapter Select Showcase:
Click here for the latest schedule - subject to change
- Waylen - Owensboro High School, Troupe 3161, Owensboro, Kentucky
- A Thousand Cranes- Centennial High School, Troupe 7997, Las Cruces, New Mexico
- Becky's New Car - Flower Mound High School, Troupe 6154, Flower Mound, Texas
- The Final Dress Rehearsal - Pennsbury High School, Troupe 830, Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania
- 12 Hour Life - Pleasant Valley High School, Troupe 856, Bettendorf, Iowa
- Check Please: Take 2 - Queen Creek High School, Troupe 6152, Queen Creek, Arizona
- The Bible In 30 Minutes...Or Less - Pomona High School, Troupe 4203, Arvada, Colorado
- 13 - Perry High School, Troupe 7424, Gilbert, Arizona
- Picnic - Hopewell Valley Central High School, Troupe 7964, Pennington, New Jersey
- Down Came the Rain - Caddo Parish Magnet High School, Troupe 3594, Shreveport, Louisiana
- The Machine - Riverton High School, Troupe 1887, Riverton, Wyoming
- Aida - Rock Ridge High School, Troupe 8104, Ashburn, Virginia
- Every Brilliant Thing - Smith-Cotton High School, Troupe 4261, Sedalia, Missouri
- Stupid F Bird - Patuxent High School, Troupe 6194, Lusby, Maryland
- The Bible in 30 Minutes...Or Less - Olathe North High School, Troupe 3310, Olathe, Kansas
- Be the Light - Omaha Burke High School, Troupe 4138, Omaha, Nebraska
- Stressed - Russellville High School, Troupe 7260, Russellville, Arkansas
- The Women of Lockerbie - Cambridge-Isanti High School, Troupe 8406, Cambridge, Minnesota
- Waylen - Northwestern High School, Troupe 3924, Kokomo, Indiana
- Grandma Duck is Dead - Paul M. Dorman High School, Troupe 3322, Roebuck, South Carolina
- Shipwrecked - American Leadership Academy, Troupe 7597, Spanish Fork, Utah
- Digging Up the Boys - Great Falls High School, Troupe 1364, Great Falls, Montana
- Bury the Dead - Bridgeport High School, Troupe 7549, Bridgeport, West Virginia
- 21 Chump Street - Grimsley High School, Troupe 7993, Greensboro, North Carolina
- The Yellow Boat - Fullerton Union High School, Troupe 2498, Fullerton, California
- The Shape of the Grave - Northwest Rankin High School, Troupe 5727, Flowood, Mississippi
- 20 Play in 40 Minutes, Singapore American School, Troupe 3674, Singapore
- Laundry and Bourbon - Glencoe High School, Troupe 7125, Hillsboro, Oregon
The Chapter Select Showcase is a presentation of one-acts, each representing a chapter. All chapters that hold festivals/conferences are given the opportunity to participate in the Chapter Select Showcase, so check with your chapter director on how your troupe may qualify.
Chapter Select's thirty performance slots are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis until the schedule is full.
Submission deadline is May 1, 2018.
Seating for Chapter Select shows: Chapter Select shows are open to all Festival delegates. There are no assigned seats and no tickets are required.
Royalties: Troupes without a performance license or waiver on file will NOT be allowed to perform.
Published material: Troupes must secure written permission from the publisher for presentation at the Festival during Festival dates. Troupes are responsible for payment of royalties. Upon written request, some publishers will waive royalty fees for Festival performances.
Original works: Troupes must have a written statement of originality from the author/playwright—even if it’s you or one of your students—on file with the EdTA National Office.
Works based on non-dramatic material: Troupes must obtain permission to use said material from the publisher. This applies to textbooks, children’s books, novels, short stories, newspaper and magazine articles, etc.
Works translated from another language: Troupes must have written permission from the publisher of that translation. This applies to non-dramatic material as well as dramatic.
Music: Troupes must secure permission for all music used in a performance.
Cuttings: Troupes must secure permission to present a cutting from a play from the play’s publisher. The statement of permission must be attached to the Chapter Select Acceptance sheet.
Participating in the Chapter Select Showcase
Note: To give as many schools as possible the chance to perform at Festival, schools may present in only one Festival venue: main stage, Freestyle Theatre, or the Chapter Select Showcase. If your school is performing in the Chapter Select Showcase then your school cannot perform as part of Festival main stage or Freestyle Theatre.
Chapter Select stages up to six shows a day in the Howell Theatre throughout Festival week. Each show has forty-five minutes to perform, ten minutes to set, and five minutes to strike. Invited schools are sent the detailed instructions and a list of available set pieces. Participants must be registered for the entire Festival week.
Lighting: A follow-spot is available, but must be requested in advance. General area lighting is available (stage right, stage left, up center, center, and down center stage) as well as blue and amber washes. Special lighting effects are not available.
Sound: The theatre will provide a CD player, amplification, and speakers. Groups may use their own iPod or MP3 player through the theatre sound system. Mics are not permitted in this venue.
Sets and props: A prop is any item that will fit through a single door and can be carried by a single person. Set pieces are anything bigger. Hand props are items carried onstage by an actor in one hand. Set pieces and flats are not allowed.
All set pieces, props, and costumes must be either brought with you in a truck or on your bus or they may be shipped to a local UPS or FedEx office. Please do not ship your materials to the theatre or the Festival office as there is not enough room to store them.
All show trucks must be parked in the remote lot just south of the Devaney Sport Center off of Court Street in Lincoln. Parking passes may be acquired at the 24 hour front desk of your residence hall.