November 15, 2016
The Educational Theatre Association thanks all who participated in this year's Trick or Treat so Kids Can Eat campaign. Together 244 troupes collected and distributed over 292,000 pounds of food for their neighbors in need. This year's TOTS-EAT award winners are listed below.
- Cornucopia Award, highest total weight for a single troupe: Troupe 5792, South Effingham High School, Guyton, GA; 26,375 pounds collected.
- Abundant Harvest Award (by weight), greatest one year increase in total weight collected by a single troupe: Troupe 5792, South Effingham High School, Guyton, GA; 18,621 pound increase.
- Abundant Harvest Award (by percentage), greatest increase in percentage over last year's collection by a single troupe: Troupe 6260, Grayson High School, Loganville, GA; 1,240 percent increase.
- Harvest Excellence Award, greatest total collection in pounds by a first time participant troupe: Troupe 6062, Northgate High School, Newnan, GA; 1,148 pounds collected.
- Community Spirit Award, first troupe registered: Troupe 6826, Orange County School of the Arts, Santa Ana, CA.
- Silver Harvest Awards, 10,000 pounds or more collected by a single troupe: Troupe 3060, Mission Viejo High School, Mission Viejo, CA, 13,490 pounds collected; Troupe 6577, Northview High School, Duluth, GA, 12,913 pounds collected; Troupe 6596, New Albany High School, New Albany, OH, 10,966 pounds collected.
- Golden Harvest Award, 15,000 pounds or more collected by a single troupe: Troupe 2326, Kellam High School, Virginia Beach, VA, 16,736 pounds collected.
- Platinum Harvest Award, 20,000 pounds or more collected by a single troupe: Troupe 5792, South Effingham High School, Guyton, GA; 26,375 pounds collected.
- Cornucopia Award, highest average collection total per troupe on a team: Lee's Summit United, Lee's Summit, MO. Troupe 6761, Lee's Summit West High School; Troupe 6258, Lee's Summit North High School; Troupe 1885, Lee's Summit High School.
- Community Spirit Award, first team registered: Team Grand Stand, Myrtle Beach, SC. Troupe 5964, Carolina Forest High School; Troupe 6984, Saint James High School.
To ensure the fairness of chapter awards, chapters are sorted into divisions based on number of participating troupes. Cornucopia (highest total weight) and Outstanding Commitment (highest percentage of active troupes participating) Awards are given to one chapter from each division, except those divisions containing the Overall winners.
- Cornucopia Awards—Overall: Georgia; Division I (1-9 participating troupes): Virginia; Division II (10-19 participating troupes): California; Division III (20-29 participating troupes): Texas; Division IV (30-39 participating troupes): Kansas.
- Outstanding Commitment Awards—Overall: Kansas; Division I (1-9 participating troupes): Oklahoma; Division II (10-19 participating troupes): Arkansas; Division III (20-29 participating troupes): Missouri; Division V (40-49 participating troupes): Georgia.
Gift card drawing winners
Ten participating troupes were chosen blindly and randomly by EdTA staff to receive a $100 gift certificate to the International Thespian Society web store. Winning troupes from last year's drawing were not eligible to win this year. The winners are:
- Troupe 68, Papillion-Lavista High School, Papillion, NE;
- Troupe 2225, Rex Putnam High School, Milwaukie, OR;
- Troupe 3891, Springfield High School, Holland, OH;
- Troupe 4100, Dublin Coffman High School, Dublin, OH;
- Troupe 5645, Page High School, Franklin, TN;
- Troupe 6012, Southridge High School, Beaverton, OR;
- Troupe 6243, Sylvania Southview High School, Sylvania, OH;
- Troupe 7185, Classen School of Advanced Studies, Oklahoma City, OK;
- Troupe 7260, Russellville High School, Russellville, AR; and
- Troupe 7898, Gow School, South Wales, NY.