November 4, 2013
The biennial Reba R. Robertson Award, sponsored by the Children’s Theatre Foundation of America (CTFA), is accepting nominations until January 17, 2014. The award recognizes the important work of secondary school theatre/drama teachers in public schools throughout the United States. Self-nominations are not permitted.
Candidates must meet the following general criteria:
- Be at mid-career level and anticipate serving at least ten additional years in the profession
- Be dedicated to guiding students through curricular, co-curricular, and/or extracurricular programming in the theatre arts.
- Personify mentoring qualities.
- Demonstrate artistic excellence.
- Verify artistic achievement.
- Confirm broad influence on school, community, state, region and beyond.
The award recipient will receive transportation expenses up to $400 for travel to the CTFA Medallion Awards event in Denver, in August, 2014; $4,000 to be used as the recipient chooses for the purpose of expanding his or her professional interests; and $900 for the honoree’s school district to enhance the high school theatre/drama program. For more information go to their website
, contact Dr. Lorenzo Garcia
or call 940.565.2446.