Printer-friendly version

Small cast shows?

Small cast shows?
I attend a very small school in Northeast Kansas. This upcoming year we will be instating our very first Theatre Rep. class. My director would love to have us put on 4 shows throughout the year. The class will hold around 10-25 students. We are asking for suggestions on small cast shows that will help us get more kids involved in this class. Any suggestions are welcome!
Rylie Farrar
Be the first person to recommend this.

Copy and paste the link below into other web pages, documents, or email messages to allow immediate, permanent access to this page. Security settings will remain in place and login will be necessary for protected content.

Related Resources

No Related Resource entered.

Comments

Rylie Farrar May 30, 2014 1:03 pm
Thank you! I will tell my director about all the suggestions!
Jonathan Dorf May 30, 2014 12:35 pm
What about something like Fortinbras, Lee Blessing's riff on Hamlet? I directed that back when I was teaching. It was hilarious, and even after I left, I saw that someone revived the show some years later.
Rylie Farrar May 27, 2014 10:56 pm
15 or less students. Running time is very flexible
Jonathan Dorf May 27, 2014 9:13 pm
How small are you looking for? And what running time? All full-lengths, or one-acts as well?
Katie An Siegel May 26, 2014 2:56 am
Here are just a couple that I have seen/ done recently that are all fun shows!!
The Boys Next Door (7M, 2F)
Any Number Can Die (7M.5F)
Bad Seed (7M,5F)
Arsenic and Old Lace (11M, 3F) (Some male can be doubled!)
The Foreigner (5M, 2W)
Frankenstein (3F. 2M)
Can y'all do musicals?
You're A Good Man Charlie Brown (4M,2F) (You could add chorus characters though!)
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (5M,4F)
Danysha Lamadieu May 25, 2014 7:20 pm
My school's acting class has about the same amount of people in it and and some of the shows have been:
Three Billy Goats Gruff
Almost Maine*
Tarheel Tales
The Crane Wife*
Steel Magnolias*
The Miss Firecracker Contest*
I'd also recommend looking into a lot of Beth Henley shows. The characters are pretty diverse and the cast stay typically smaller.
Hope this helps!

*Shows that aren't children shows, but have smaller cast.